Sunday, August 15, 2010

Do You Have a Chubby?

My good friend Richard "Army" Maguire has designed a new training bag that he calls a "Chubby".  I had a chance to work with one while I was in LA and it truly is an amazing training tool.  The one I worked with was filled with Mung Beans and weighed about 20 pounds.  It was solid (due the the 20+ pounds of beans inside it) and felt like you were punching someone in the face.  You can imagine that I really liked that... and look for four of them to be hanging in the school sometime soon!

Here is what Army says about the Chubby:
"New bag I developed called the "Chubby'  in use with BJPenn UFC fighter
and MMA superstar.  This bag is multi-functional for developing hand
conditioning , maize bag, top bottom bag application ground and pound as
well as lock compression development as demoed her by Baby J himself.  This
bag also great for kids and can be taken with you as a traveling companion
piece of equipment."
 
Here is a picture of BJ Penn "choking" the Chubby -